Provident Fund account holders will no longer need to travel anyplace in order to view their account balance. The Employees Provident Fund Organization’s (EPFO) online tool makes it simple for working-class people to check their PF balance while relaxing at home.
How to use a phone number to check the amount of a PF account
You can now check to see if funds are being deposited into your account. Simply miss a call on 011-22901406 from a registered mobile phone. After two bells have rung, this call will be automatically terminated. There will be no fee for this.
There are two requirements for this. First, the service must have been authorized on the EPFO portal using the UAN and the other information, including the UAN’s bank account number. Either an Aadhaar or PAN number should be used for KYC (Know Your Customer) purposes. The registered user can then make a missed call to check their amount on the UAN portal.
Use this approach to determine the PF balance.
There are numerous ways to monitor the balance of the PF account after the interest is deposited there. The amount deposited in PF accounts can be viewed online or by SMS.
How to use SMS to check your PF amount
- Step 1: From your mobile phone, send an SMS to 7738299899 with the text EPFOHO UAN ENG.
- Step 2: Indicate your desired language with the final three letters of your SMS. ENG here refers to English. There are a total of ten languages available for you to pick from, including English, Hindi, Tamil, Marathi, Bengali, Kannada, Punjabi, Telugu, Malayalam, and Gujarati.
- Step 3: Send HIN (Hindi), PUN (Punjabi), GUJ (Gujarati), MAR (Marathi), KAN (Kannada), TEL (Telugu), TAM (Tamil), MAL (Malayalam), and BEN (Bengali) for Hindi.
- Step 4: An SMS is sent from the same mobile phone number that is associated with the mobile phone’s UAN (UAN).
- Step 5: EPFO will send an SMS to your cell phone containing details about your final PF contribution, balance, and any available KYC information.
How to use the UMANG app to check the PF balance
By simply logging in to the app with the member’s UAN number and OTP, you can check your EPF balance (One TIme Password).
How to use the UMANG app to check your EPF balance
- Step 1: Download and install the Umang app from the Play Store/App Store.
- Step 2: Select your favorite language in the Umang app on your smartphone.
- Step 3: Register your phone number.
- Step 4: Select the bottom option labelled “All Services.”
- Step 5: Perform a search and choose “EPFO” from the list of results.
- Step 6: To check your EPF balance, click “View Passbook.”
- Step 7: Type in your UAN and press the Get OTP button.
- Step 8: Type in the OTP and press “Login.” the instructions that follow on your mobile device’s screen.
- Step 9: Following this, your passbook and EPF balance will be shown on the screen.
View your PF balance on the EPFO website.
- Step 1: Go to the official EPFO website and select the “service” tab.
- Step 2: Select the “For Employee” column.
- Step 3: Next, select “Member Passbook” and sign in with your UAN and password.
- Step 4: Everything will now be displayed in front of you.
How to find out your PF balance without a UAN
- Step 1: Go to https://www.epfindia.gov.in/ the official website.
- Step 2: From the home page, click here to view your PF balance.
- Step 3: The EPFO page will show up.
- Step 4: Choose your state.
- Step 5: Enter the EPFO headquarters.
- Step 6: Key in your company code.
- Step 7: Type in your name, mobile phone number, and PF account number.
- Step 8: After selecting “I agree” in the acknowledgment box, the member’s balance will be displayed.
Also read: Redmi latest releases of Watch 3, Band 2, and Buds 4 lite, check details