The government introduced the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-KISAN), a Central Sector Scheme, to provide financial support of up to Rs 6,000 a year to marginalised and small farmers across India.
The financial benefit of Rs 6,000 rupees per year would be released in three instalments of Rs 2,000 each, every 4 months/trimester (April-July, August-November and December-March), to the eligible farmers.
Can both husband and wife claim benefit?
So, do you know how many family members can avail or claim the benefit of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana? Well, the government has made it clear that the scheme will provide income support of Rs 6,000 per year in three equal instalments to small and marginal farming families with combined landholding/ownership of up to 2 hectares.
Under this scheme, family means husband, wife and minor children. The state government and UT administration will determine which farm families are eligible for assistance according to the scheme guidelines. According to the rules, only one family member can benefit from the scheme and not both husband and wife.
The program is implemented through an electronic database linked to Aadhaar that contains details of all family members of the farmers whose names are entered into the land records.
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana: Who can’t claim benefit?
All landholder farmers’ families in India are eligible for the scheme, except those covered under the following exclusion criteria:
1. All Institutional Land holders; and
2. Farmer families in which one or more of its members belong to following categories:
- Former and present holders of constitutional posts
- Former and present Ministers/State Ministers and former/present Members of Lok Sabha/ Rajya Sabha/ State Legislative Assemblies/State Legislative Councils,former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
- All serving or retired officers and employees of Central/ State Government Ministries /Offices/Departments and its field units Central or State PSEs and Attached offices /Autonomous Institutions under Government as well as regular employees of the Local Bodies (Excluding Multi Tasking Staff / Class IV/Group D employees)
- All superannuated/retired pensioners whose monthly pension is Rs.10,000/-or more (Excluding Multi Tasking Staff / Class IV/Group D employees)
- All Persons who paid Income Tax in last assessment year.
- Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and Architects registered with Professional bodies and carrying out profession by undertaking practices.
In case of new beneficiaries being added on PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana portal, the families of all landholding farmers who are NRIs in terms of the provisions of the Income Tax Act, 1961 shall be excluded from any benefit of the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
This scheme benefits 12 crore farmers across India. The minimum income support of up to Rs 6,000 is directly transferred to bank accounts of the farmers.
ALSO READ: Abhyudaya Scheme – Govt To Offer Free-Coaching For NEET, JEE, Other Exams