BTS Members Profiles: BTS is also known as Bangtan Sonyeondan, Bangtan Boys, or Beyond The Scene, is a band from South Korea that is made up of seven members. The group debuted in 2013 but was training with Big Hit Entertainment for several years prior to their first album being released. Each BTS member rappers, dancers, and vocalists was specifically selected to complete the group.
As a sense of helplessness looms in every corner of the world, BTS opens themselves up to express their mixed feelings about this situation—fear and anxiety mingled with the determination to overcome all this. The album consists of a total of eight tracks including the No.1 summer hit “Dynamite” and lead single “Life Goes On”.
If you’re looking to learn more about each of the BTS members, here’s a profile on each of the men driving the global sensation from South Korea! Meet Jin, Suga, J-Hope, RM, Jimin, V, and Jungkook!
In Korea age plays an important role in the society, So we will be starting from oldest to youngest members of the band as per kprofiles.
Stage Name: Jin (진) Birth Name: Kim Seok Jin (김석진) Birthday: December 4, 1992 Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius Height: 178.3 cm (5’10.2”) Weight: 63 kg (139 lbs) Blood Type: O
-Jim was born in Anyang, Gyeonggi-do, but when he was 1 year old his family moved to Gwacheon, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea.
–He’s from a well-off family consisting of: Dad, mom, older brother (Kim Seok Joong, 2 years older). His father is the CEO of a company.
–In April 2018, Jin opened a restaurant together with his brother. The restaurant ‘Ossu Seiromushi’ is located in Seoul, near Lake Seokchon. They serves steamed Japanese dishes.
–He’s also one of the better cooks in the band and has a series of videos titled “Eat Jin” that focuses on his foodie adventures. Later, he gave up on cooking as a hobby because of his food allergies.
– His favorite food: lobster, meat, Naengmyun (cold noodles), chicken and greasy food. He is allergic to potatoes and garlic (Run BTS Ep. 125)
– Jin’s nicknames are: Fake Maknae, Worldwide Handsome, Eat Jin. He is also known as that “third guy from the left” (After BTS participated At Billboard Music Awards).
– He completed his education from Konkuk University; Hanyang Cyber University in Films major (masters/graduate)
– Jin was an exchange student in Australia, during his middle school year.
– During primary school his favorite subject was Physical Education. He used to like sports like tennis, swimming or golf which he learned from his father. He also learned snowboarding as his father was a ski lover.
– When his father went in business trips, he used to take Jin with him, so he visited a lot of places like Japan, Europe, Australia etc.
– He got into gaming when he was in the 1st year of middle school. Back then he used to spend all his Summer vacation playing video games at Internet cafe with his friends.
– Both his middle school and high school were all-boys schools.
– During his 1st year of high school his dream was to become a newspaper reporter. But later, he wanted to become an actor after seeing Kim Nam-Gil in “Queen Seondeok”.
– He was an student at Konkuk University, majoring in acting, before being streetcast for auditions. In the Summer of 2011, he was scouted for 3 months.
– When he was scouted by BigHit, there were only the 3 rappers there, RM, Suga and J-Hope. Bangtan members place him as the 1st in terms of visuals.
– Jin speaks Chinese (Mandarin) and basic English.
– Jin is also known for his “traffic dance”.
– In the old dorm, Jin was the member usually in charge of cleaning up.
– Jin’s favorite color is blue. (According to BTS interview for J-14 Magazine from 170505). His favorite color used to be pink.
– He also likes Disney princesses. his favourite number is 4 and his favourite weather is Spring sunlight.
– Jin got two pets that are sugar gliders and their names are Odeng and Eomuk. He got those while searching for Suga on the Internet, but sugar gliders popped up instead. Eomuk passed away because of an accident. He got a new sugar glider pet called Gukmul. (VLive on 180905)
– He is the first idol to hit 100 million hearts on a solo Vlive. His role model is T.O.P from BIGBANG.
– Jin is friends with Kidoh (Jin Hyosang) ex member of ToppDogg. Kidoh left Big Hit Entertainment in 2012 and switched to Stardom Entertainment. B1A4‘s Sandeul, VIXX’s Ken, Monsta X Jooheon and Lee Won Keun are also his friends.
– Jin winks if he meets eyes with anyone (“Knowing Bros”) He winked at Heechul (Super Junior).
– Jin requires these 3 for staying happy: money, friends, and calm/quiet place. [SKOOL LUV AFFAIR KEYWORD TALK]
– Jin sang the OST of “Hwarang” alongside V, which is Part 2 – “It’s Definitely You”.
– He was casted in ‘Law of the Jungle’ in ‘Kota Manado’. BTS had an abroad concert that time so he left earlier than the other cast.
– In 2017 after BTS attended Billboard Music Awards, Jin got a lot of attention (internationally) for his good looks.
Stage Name: SUGA (슈가) Full Name: Min Yoon Gi (민윤기) Position: Lead Rapper Birthday: March 9, 1993 Zodiac Sign: Pisces Height: 174 cm (5’8.5″) Weight: 59 kg (130 lbs) Blood Type: O
– SUGA’s family consists of: Dad, mom, and older brother (Min Geumjae). He was born in Buk-gu, Daegu, South Korea.
– Education: Global Cyber University – Liberal Arts Major (bachelor).
–He had an dream to become an architect when he was younger. On a vlog from 2013, he said he would want to become a DJ on a radio show. Although his hobbies are reading comics, basketball, playing games and taking pictures.
– SUGA got his stage name from the CEO because he is pale and his smile is sweet (like sugar) and because it stands for shooting guard, like the position he plays in basketball. “Syuting gardeu” – shooting guard in hangul -> “syuga”. SUGA: “I got name SUGA because my skin is pale, I’m pretty when I smile, and because I’m sweet.(laughs) I choose this name because I want to promote sweetly.”
– Members often call him “grandpa” because he sleeps all the time and can be cranky. He usually scolds and nags the younger members when they make a mistake.
– SUGA’s nicknames: Motionless Min because when he has free days, he doesn’t do anything and Mr. Appendix because he had appendicitis surgery in 2013 (December)
– SUGA chose to become a rapper after listening to ‘Fly’ by Epik High. His role model: Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Lil Wayne and Hit Boy.
– He was in a group called D-Town, as an underground rapper. When he was an underground rapper he was known as Gloss (English translation of Yoongi).
– SUGA has been making/producing music since he was 13.
– His hobbies are reading comics, basketball, Sleeping, playing games and taking pictures. When he was a trainee, he use to play basketball every Sunday.
– He’s bad at Japanese and English.
– SUGA’s personality is quite straightforward.
– SUGA’s motto: “Let’s live with having fun. Doing music as your hobby and doing it as work it different.”
– SUGA writes lyrics/composes songs daily. He wrote the song ‘촣아요’ (Like It) in under 40 minutes.He also produced songs for other artists. Suga produced Suran‘s chart-topping pre-release track “Wine” which has sold over 500,000 digital downloads.
– SUGA uses the alias Agust D for his solo works (“DT”, short for his birth place “Daegu Town”, and “Suga”). He wrote and produced Agust D mixtape, which received a lot of attention.
– When he has a problem he talks to RM because their age gap is small and they also have things in common.
– SUGA comes from a poor family. In an interview, he disclosed: “After we debuted, I went back to the dorm and sat there blankly staring. I could not believe me, a kid from a poor Daegu family would be able to make it.”
– SUGA got into as accident when he use to work as a delivery boy. (Burn The Stage ep. 3).
– SUGA’s favorite food: Meat, Meat, and Meat. He likes chicken and likes to eat it with salt (V-LIVE 20.03.08).
– He speaks with a satoori accent when he’s nervous and when he cries.
– SUGA’s ideal date: “For me, just an ordinary date…… I want to watch a movie, walking and would like to eat together.”
– All the members of BTS chose SUGA as the sweetest member at Fandom School Interview.
– When asked which member would he bring on a deserted island for 3 years, he answered Jimin. SUGA: “Jimin. To boss around. (LOL) Just kidding. I don’t talk a lot, I’m not the fun type, but Jimin is pleasant and mature, so I think it’d work out.”
– He is also known as ‘Motionless Min’, due to his habit of staying idle on his off days.
– His favorite number is 3 and favourite color is white. His favorite weather is where you can wear short sleeves at day and long sleeves at night.
– He loves cats and watches cat/animal videos on YouTube (V-LIVE 20.03.08). SUGA has a dog named Holly, who he absolutely adores.
– He likes to make rhymes for everyday situations/gags.
– According to Profile written by SUGA, he has a habit of Biting nails.
– According to Profile written by SUGA, 3 things he likes: Sleeping, quiet places, places with no people.
– According to Profile written by SUGA, 3 things he dislikes: Dancing, loud places, places where there are people crowding around.
– SUGA and Monsta X’ Kihyun are close friends.
– He prefers movies over dramas/TV Shows (V-LIVE 20.03.08).
– The singer doesn’t watch horror movies and it’s not because he can’t watch them it’s just he doesn’t look them up on purpose.
– SUGA says he sleeps about 5 hours a day and says he can’t stay asleep for longer than 5 hours (V-LIVE 20.03.08).
– He has every volume of ‘Slam Dunk’ (a manhwa/Korean comic) (V-LIVE 20.03.08).
– Pre-debut, SUGA didn’t celebrate his birthday but now he does because ARMY’s always remember it and make it special. He says he always knows when the members are about to bring in his birthday cake by the way they breathe and the expressions they give each other (V-LIVE 20.03.08).
– SUGA is ranked 67th on TC Candler “The 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2018”.
– He released his 2nd mixtape ‘D-2’ on May 22nd, 2020 with the title track being ‘Daechwita’.
– It was announced on November 6th, 2020 by BigHit that SUGA finally had surgery on his shoulder on November 3rd and that he will be out of BTS’ promotions for a few months to rest.
– SUGA’s ideal type is a girl who likes music, especially hip-hop. He says he doesn’t really care about looks. He also wants a girl that can be very active when he wants to and very silent when he wants to. A girl that will always be by his side.
Stage Name: J-Hope (제이홉) Full Name: Jung Ho Seok (정호석) Position: Main Dancer, Sub Rapper, Sub Vocalist Birthday: February 18, 1994 Zodiac Sign: Aquarius Height: 177 cm (5’10”) Weight: 65 kg (143 lbs) Blood Type: A
– J-Hope’s family consists of: Mom, dad, older sister; Mejiwoo. He was born in Gwangju, South Korea.
– Education: Gwangju Global High School; Global Cyber University
– Before debut J-hope hated doing aegyo but now he changed his mind.
– J-Hope and B.A.P Zelo went to the same Academy for rap and dance in Gwangju. Pre-debut J-Hope was a part of a street dance team, called NEURON. He won an underground dance battle and even performed at a festival.
Stage Name: RM (아르엠), formerly Rap Monster (랩몬스터) Birth Name: Kim Nam Joon (김남준) Position: Leader, Main Rapper Birthday: September 12, 1994 Zodiac Sign: Virgo Height: 181 cm (5’11”) Weight: 73.6 kg (162 lbs) Blood Type: A
– He was born in Seoul (Sangdo-dong) then he moved to Ilsan, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea when he was 4. His family consists of: Dad, mom, younger sister. He has a younger sister the same age as Jungkook but when asked if he would introduce her to him, he said N.O.
– He did his education from Apgujeong High School & Graduation from Global Cyber University – Electronic engineering major. In 2006 RM studied languages in New Zealand for 4 months. (Bon Voyage 4 – Ep 1). He’s currently enrolled to Global Cyber University.
– Pre-debut he had already been performing as an underground rapper, with several tracks released informally, including a collaboration with Zico (Block B).
– He speaks English fluently. He taught himself how to speak English, by watching the TV series “Friends”.RM’s TOEIC (The Test of English for International Communication) score was 900.
– He’s really smart with an IQ of 148. He was previously ranked in the top 1% of the nation in his high school exams.
– There was a rumor among the Korean fans that at the age of 15, Namjoon had a heart surgery with a 30% chance of living (but that’s just a rumor).
– Hobbies: Surfing the web, walking in a park, cycling, photography, mountain climbing, ice-skating.
– He’s a great supporter of LGBTQ+ community.
– He started to write lyrics since he was in school, on his textbook. RM has composed/produced 100+ songs.
– RM’s nicknames are “Rap Mon” (shortened), “Leader Mon” (because he is the leader) and “God of Destruction” or “the destroyer” (he destroys everything he touches: sunglasses, clothes, doorknobs, bunk bed ladders. Hence, his members gave him this nickname). He nicknamed himself as Pink Mon, because he used to like pink.
– His favorite foods are meat and Kalguksu (Korean knife noodles).
– BTS has been around since 2010, but they debuted in 2013 because of the constant member change up. RM is the only member left from the original line up. Though, He was the first member to join BTS.
– His favorite colors are black, pink and purple (BTS interview for J-14 Magazine from 170505). Purple was his favourite colour when he was little. It reminds him of his childhood. (BTS 3rd Muster)
– His favorite number is 1, his favorite items are clothes, computer, books & likes clear weather. He also likes to imitate his members.
– Rap Mon’s role model is Kanye West and A$AP Rocky.
– RM wrote the lyrics of ‘No More Dream’ because he had no dreams when he was in school.
– He, along with Jung Hunchul (ex member of Bangtan) wrote a Brave Brother/YG diss track called ‘Hook’.
– He would like to make a sub-unit with Jungkook.
– Rap Mon said that he and GOT7 Jackson are good friends. He said Jackson is very handsome and really good at dancing.
– During high school, Rap Mon and BTOB’s Ilhoon were classmates in the same club: Design Club. (Weekly Idol 140702)
– On March 4, 2015, he released his 1st solo single, a collaboration with Warren G, entitled “P.D.D (Please Don’t Die)”. He released his first solo mixtape, “RM” on March 17, 2015.
– On November 13 2017, Namjoon wrote a message on the group’s official fan cafe announcing he changed his stage name from Rap Monster to RM. Namjoon stated that “RM” could mean anything you wanted, like for example “Real Me”.
– On October 23, 2018 he released his “Mono” mixtape. He released three MVs: “Moonchild”,”Forever Rain”, and “Seoul” off of his mixtape.
– RM’s ideal date: “It’s like the ordinary college student date. We can see a movie together, eating together, walking together. I want to have love like that. It’s because i can’t at all.”
– Some of his popular quotes are: “Jimin, you got no jams” and “Team work makes the dream work”.
Stage Name: Jimin (지민) Full Name: Park Ji Min (박지민) Position: Main Dancer, Lead Vocalist Birthday: October 13, 1995 Zodiac Sign: Libra Height: 174 cm (5’8.5″) Weight: 58.6 kg (129 lbs) Blood Type: A
– Jimin’s family consists of: Dad, mom, younger brother. He was born in Busan, South Korea.
– He did his education from Busan High School of Arts & Global Cyber University.
– Pre-debut Jimin entered Busan High School of Arts as the top student in modern dance, but later transferred to Korea Arts High School with V.
– Jimin was valedictorian in his pre-debut years (hightest ranked student aka no.1 overall) and he was class president for 9 years. Jimin was the last member to join BTS.
– His favorite colors are blue and black & favorite number is number 3. He prefers a sunny and cool weather.
– His nickname is Mang-gae rice cake. (Knowing Brother)
– He used to view himself as “fat” and he was self conscious of his looks and cheeks (he doesn’t anymore). he even went into depression and starved himself until Jin got him out of it and he started eating regularly.
– His favorite foods are pork, duck, chicken, fruit, and kimchi jjigae. Jimin doesn’t like spinach (Run BTS ep. 65)
– Is known for his impressive abs. He is most confident in his eyes. Jimin has black belt in taekwondo.
– He jokingly hits his fellow members as a way of showing his affection for them. If music is playing he will start to dance no matter where he is.
– When the weather is sunny and cool, Jimin likes wearing earphones while listening to music that gives a good feeling. Jimin became interested in a singing career after watching a Rain performance.
– Jimin, Wanna One’s Woojin and Daniel participated (respectively) in a dance competition in Busan – “2011 Busan City Kids Vol. 2”. Jimin’s team beat Woojin’s team in the semifinal, while in the final Jimin and Daniel’s teams confronted.
– Once he wrote some lyrics and gave them to Suga. Suga said: “You called these lyrics?!” (the lyrics sounded like a children song). Suga asked him to redo the lyrics, but in the end he still couldn’t use Jimin’s lyrics.
– Jimin’s role models are Rain, Taeyang (Bigbang) and Chris Brown.
– He feels sorry for kicking his members during ‘No More Dream’ performance.
– Jimin particularly enjoys reading comic books. He said that comic books influenced him a lot. [SKOOL LUV AFFAIR KEYWORD TALK]
– According to Jimin, the requirements for his happiness are: love, money and stage. – Jungkook is always teasing Jimin about his height.
– Jimin is close friends with SHINee’s Teamin, EXO’s Kai, VIXX’s Ravi, Wanna One’s Sungwon and HOTSHOT’s Timoteo.
– Taemin (SHINee) said he would want to have a collaboration with Kai (EXO) and Jimin (BTS) on his solo album. (Singles Sep 2017 Taemin Interview)
– Jimin usually solves his problems himself. If he can’t solve it, he will share it with V and ask for his advice.
– In 10 years, Jimin wants to be a cool singer who enjoys the stage.
– Things he want to steal from other members are: Rap Monster’s height, V’s talent and gaze, J-Hope’s cleanliness, Suga’s diverse knowledge.
– Money is important to Jimin. (Knowing Brother ep 94)
– Jimin’s ideal date: “Sitting on the bench, drinking together… I would like to have a countryside date. We would also walk holding hands… .
– He felt a bit hurt when Jungkook ranked him the last in terms of looks. Jimin thinks the 1st is Jin while the 7th is Suga. (He was going to rank Rap Monster as the 7th but he changed his mind saying that recently Rap Monster got better-looking).
– He has to use eyeliner while practicing the choreography, else he can’t seem to show strong expressions and he will get shy.
– Jimin appeared in GLAM’s MV Party (XXO). GLAM disbanded, they were under BigHit. Jin chose Jimin as the member who has changed the most since debut.
– Hobbies: Getting beaten up (Profile written by Jimin), reading books/novels and staying on his phone for hours, relaxing and hanging out with friends.
– Motto : Let’s keep trying till we can’t do it any more. (Profile written by Jimin)
– Things he likes (3 things): Jeonggukkie, performing, receiving attention. (Profile written by Jimin)
– Jimin was ranked 64th in the “Top 100 Handsome Faces of 2017”. He is ranked 25th on TC Candler “The 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2018”.
– His “Fake Love” fancam already reach 29.3 mln on Youtube, which is the most viewed fancam in Kpop.
Stage Name: V (뷔) Full Name: Kim Tae Hyung (김태형) Position: Lead Dancer, Sub Vocalist, Visual Birthday: December 30, 1995 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn Height: 178.8 cm (5’10.4″) Weight: 63 kg (139 lbs) Blood Type: AB
V (Taehyung) facts:
– V’s family consists of: dad, mom, younger sister and younger brother. He was born in Daegu, but later moved to Geochang where he spent his life until he moved to Seoul.
– V completed his education: Korea Art School; Global Cyber University. He can speak fluently Japanese. Namjoon said that Taehyung is the 2nd best English speaker in BTS. (“After School Club”)
– V confirmed his current height is 178.8 cm ( 5’10″). (“Let’s BTS” March 29, 2021)
– His favorite color is grey & favorite number is 10.(According to BTS interview for J-14 Magazine from 170505)
– V’s favorite items are: his computer, big dolls, clothes, shoes, accessories, and anything unique.
– V’s nicknames are: TaeTae (friends call him TaeTae~ because it’s easy to say), Blank Tae (because he always have a blank expression) and CGV (since his visuals are so perfect and outstanding like the computer game character)
– He has been in the group for awhile, but fans didn‘t know or hear of him until the time around his debut. It is said that when his teaser image was released 5 personal fan clubs were created. According to Yahoo Taiwan poll, V is the most popular BTS member in Taiwan.
– He clenches his teeth while he sleeps. He can only drink one glass of beer before he gets drunk.
– Taehyung is the pickiest eater out of all the members. He doesn’t like coffee, but loves hot cocoa.
– Taehyung can dance in high heels (Star King 151605)
– He likes anything that is unique. His favorite artist is Eric Bannet.
– His role model is his dad. He wants to be a dad like his dad, someone who takes care of his children, listen to everything they say and encourage & advise them in their future plans.
– Taehyung has the same hobbies with Jin. He has been showing interest in photography lately, if he wasn’t an idol he would probably be a photographer.
– When V has a problem he will share it with Jimin and Jin. But he thinks is more easy to talk to Jimin since they have the same age. In an early log (from 130619), V said Jimin was his best friend.
– He’s also friends with Park Bogum (actor), BTOB‘s Sungjae, GOT7’s Mark, SHINee‘s Minho, Kim Minjae (actor), EXO’s Baekhyun, etc. He and Kim Minjae appeared on ‘Celebrity Bros’ in 2015.
– Fans said V looks like Baekhyun (EXO) and Daehyun (B.A.P.). He said Baekhyun is his mother and Daehyun is his father.
– Taehyung loves GUCCI. He likes Vincent van Gogh.
– The first ever album that V bought was a Girls’ Generation album.
– V has a habit of collecting ties. (DNA Comeback Show)
– V’s motto: “I just came up with it but let’s life coolly to the maximum. Since the life happens only once, waking up at ease in the morning and working doing your best.”
– When V celebrated his Birthday (131230 at MBC Gayo Daejun), he felt very happy because he able to share birthday with K.Will. K.Will’s waiting room was beside BTS’s room. So K.Will came to him and said, “Hey, is it your Birthday today? It’s mine too! Let’s blow the candle together.”
– V likes amusement parks. He especially likes the gyro drop, gyro swing and roller coasters. Taehyung said his most confident body part is his hands.
– Taehyung is ambidextrous. He was originally left handed, but he’s now ambidextrous.
– V comes from a poor family: “I came from a poor family and I never thought I would become famous.” He grew up under a family of farmers and often takes pictures of the farm they own. If he’d get a day off, V wants to see his parents. He likes Kyunghoon. (Knowing Brother ep 94)
– He revealed in an interview with ‘The Star,’ “[Being an idol is] a lucky chance that will only come once in a lifetime. If I wasn’t in BTS I would probably be a farmer. I’d be pulling out weeds from a farm with my grandmother.”
– V loves classical music a lot and he always play classical musics when he sleeps.
– He acted in the Korean drama “Hwarang” (2016-2017). The performer sang the OST of “Hwarang” alongside Jin, which is Part 2 – “It’s Definitely You”.
– He has shared that the 3 requirements for his happiness are: family, health and honor.
– As of December 2017, V got a new puppy, his name is Yeontan and it’s a black Pomeranian Teacup.
– V ranked 1st in the “Top 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2017“. He is ranked 5th on TC Candler “The 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2018”
– V’s ideal date: “Amusement park. But nearby park is also good. I think that it’ll be nice if holding hands. My ideal is cute dating.
Stage Name: Jung Kook (정국)
Full Name: Jeon Jung Kook (전정국)
Position: Main Vocalist, Lead Dancer, Sub Rapper, Center, Maknae
Birthday: September 1, 1997
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Height: 178 cm (5’10”)
Weight: 66 kg (145 lbs)
Blood Type: A
– Jungkook’s family consists of: Mom, dad, older brother named Jeon Jung Hyun. He was born in Busan, South Korea.
– Education: Seoul School of Performing Arts; Global Cyber University. He attended Baek Yang Middle school. Jungkook attended Seoul performing art high school, he graduated in February 2017. About school subjects, Jungkook dislike everything except Physical Education, Art, and Music Class.
– His favorite foods are anything with flour (pizza, bread, etc) & his favorite color is black. (Run BTS Ep. 39) He loves playing games, drawing and soccer.
– Jungkook hobbies include video editing (Golden Closet Films), photography, discovering new music and making covers. Jungkook likes collecting bluetooth speakers.
– He has a weird habit where he sniffles a lot because of his rhinitis. He also wriggles his fingers a lot.
– It is said that Jungkook is a very skilled cook. He likes shoes and makeup.
– In a profile written by Jungkook, he has revealed that he dislikes tasteless things, bugs, getting hurt, studying.
– He speaks Korean, Japanese and English (basic).
– In 7th grade Jungkook learned B-boying in a club with some friends and hyungs.
– Before joining the group he was a handball player. He knows Taekwondo (he has a black belt).
– His favorite weather is a sunny weather with a cool breeze.
– In 10 years Jungkook wants to be the owner of a duck meat restaurant or a tattooist.
– In middle school, he went to Superstar K auditions (where he sang IU’s ‘Lost Child’) but failed to pass the elimination round. On the way back home, he received offers from eight different entertainment agencies.
– After randomly seeing and falling in love with future member Rap Monster’s rap, he decided to join Big Hit Entertainment. Jungkook’s role model is G-Dragon (BigBang).
– Jungkook nicknames is Jeon Jungkookie (Suga calls him a lot), Golden Maknae, Kookie and Nochu.
– His dream when he was younger was to become a badminton player. In the 1st year of High School he listened to G-Dragon’s songs and changed his dream to becoming a singer.
– His motto is: “Living without passion is like being dead”.
– He loves reading comic books.
– Jungkook can play games on two computers at once. (Knowing Brother ep. 94)
– Jungkook owns a dog named 구름/Gureum (Cloud).
– He doesn’t like bugs, but he likes cool bugs like (stag) beetles. He used to have a stage beetle when he was younger, but he didn’t take care of it well, so it died.
– Members say that Jungkook’s dorm room is the messiest but Jungkook denies.
– Jungkook ranked 13th in the “Top 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2017”. He is ranked 2nd on TC Candler “The 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2018”.
– He said he usually doesn’t exercise a lot but started working out after seeing Taeyang and Jay Park.
– The member who’s most similar to him : “V Hyung. He’s random, our comedic cords match well, and I think our personalities are similar.” (Profile written by Jungkook)
– The ranking in BTS that he wrote: “Rap hyung – Jin hyung – Suga hyung – Hope hyung – Jim hyung – V hyung – Jeongguk.” (Profile written by Jungkook)
– GOT7‘s Bambam & Yugyeom, BTS‘s Jungkook, Seventeen‘s The8, Mingyu, DK, NCT‘s Jaehyun and Astro‘s Cha Eunwoo (the ’97 liners) are in a group chat.
– Jungkook’s ideal date: “Walking along the beach in the night.” Jungkook wants to go on trip with his lover someday.
– Things that he wants to steal from other members are: Rap Monster’s knowledge, Suga’s diverse knowledge, J-Hope’s positive mind, Jimin’s persistence and his effort, V’s natural talent and Jin’s wide shoulders.