Bhagyashree is a name that needs no introduction in the Indian film industry. She captured hearts with her debut in the iconic film “Maine Pyar Kiya,” and since then, she has been a prominent figure in Bollywood. As she celebrates her 54th birthday today, let’s take a look at ten lesser-known facts about this talented actress.
1. Bhagyashree was born on February 23, 1969, in Mumbai, India. Her birth name is Shrimant Rajkumari Bhagyashree Raje Patwardhan.
2. She comes from a royal background as she is the daughter of the Maharaja of Sangli. She grew up in a palace with all the luxuries but chose to pursue her passion for acting.
3. She made her acting debut in the 1989 film “Maine Pyar Kiya,” opposite Salman Khan, which was a massive commercial success and won her the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
4. After the success of her debut film, Bhagyashree starred in a few more Bollywood movies, but she decided to take a break from acting after her marriage to Himalaya Dassani in 1990.
5. In addition to acting, Bhagyashree is also a fitness enthusiast and looks fit and fab even at the age of 54.