IND vs SL: With two victories in a row, India has sealed the ODI series against Sri Lanka.
In the second encounter, the visitors chased down a 276-run total with five balls to spare.
Deepak Chahar and Bhuvneshwar Kumar shared a match-winning 84-run eighth-wicket partnership to ensure the team’s victory.
Let’s have a look at all of the significant records and milestones set in the second ODI between Sri Lanka and India.
Records created in Colombo in 2nd ODI
1.This was India’s eighth straight ODI victory over Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka. In 2012, Sri Lanka won an ODI against India at home for the first time.
2. India has now won nine consecutive bilateral ODI series against Sri Lanka. The last time Sri Lanka defeated India in an ODI series was in 1997. Since then, India has won 10 of the 12 bilateral series it has played, with two series ending in a tie.
3. India has now won 11 consecutive bilateral series versus Sri Lanka in all formats. In 2008, Sri Lanka won a bilateral series against India for the first time in Test series with 2-1 at home.
4. Deepak Chahar became only the second Indian batsman to score 50 runs in an ODI against Sri Lanka at no. 8 Ravindra Jadeja made his ODI debut in 2009 and scored 60 runs against the Sri Lankan team at the same position.
5. In a successful ODI chase, Deepak Chahar became the first Indian batsman to hit fifty at number eight. His 69* is the highest by an Indian who is ranked eighth or lower. He surpassed Bhuvneshwar Kumar, who batted at number 9 against Sri Lanka in 2017 and scored 53* runs.
6. Deepak Chahar’s total was the second-highest for an Indian number eight in ODIs, after only Ravindra Jadeja (77 v NZ).
7. Deepak Chahar and Bhuvneshwar Kumar shared India’s second-highest eighth-wicket partnership in one-day internationals (84 runs).
8. In this match, Deepak Chahar impressed with both bat and ball. He is the first Indian to get a fifty and take two or more wickets in an ODI against Sri Lanka since 2009.