The disengagement process between India and China in eastern Ladakh is complete “after nine rounds of military and diplomatic talks,” Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said on Sunday.
Singh said this while speaking at BJP’s youth conference in Salem district in poll-bound Tamil Nadu.
The defence minister also lashed out at the Congress party for ‘doubting’ Indian soldiers’ bravery.
He said India won’t allow any “unilateral action” on its border, adding, it will pay any cost to thwart such attempts.
“After nine rounds of military and diplomatic dialogue, the disengagement process is complete. But unfortunately the Congress is doubting Indian army’s bravery…. isn’t it insulting to the soldiers who do the supreme sacrifice,” he said.
Last year, 20 personnel of the Indian Army were martyred in Galwan clash with the Chinese troops during the face-off.
Singh asserted that the Indian government under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi “has never compromised with country’s unity, territorial integrity and sovereignty” and it shall never do so.