India blamed China for deploying a large number of troops and armaments along the Line of Actual Control.
It also expects China to work towards the early resolution of outstanding issues in the Ladakh sector.
India made counter deployments in response to China’s unilateral attempts to alter the status quo on the LAC.
These deployments are also intended to fully protect the country’s security interests, external affairs ministry spokesperson Arindam Bagchi said.
China, on the other hand, accuses the Indian side of pursuing a forward policy and illegally crossing the LAC to encroach on China’s territory.
“It was the amassing of a large number of troops by the Chinese side, their provocative behaviour and unilateral attempts to alter status quo in contravention of all our bilateral agreements that resulted in serious disturbance of peace and tranquillity along the LAC in eastern Ladakh,” Mr Bagchi said.
“China continues to deploy a large number of troops and armaments in the border areas,” he further added.
India has already made its position clear and rejected statements from the Chinese side which have no basis in facts.
During a regular news briefing in Beijing, Chinese spokesperson Hua responded to a question regarding the Indian Army deploying sophisticated artillery on the LAC by blaming it for the military standoff.
The Galwan Valley clash on June 15 last year saw troops from both sides fighting each other for several hours with rocks, rods that had resulted in the first fatalities on the LAC in 45 years.
The Indian side lost 20 soldiers while China has acknowledged four deaths. Both sides withdrew frontline troops from the north and south banks of Pangong Lake and since then war of words has been going on.
YOU MAY ALSO WATCH:
ALSO READ | Bhutan, India’s Himalayan Neighbour Sets An Example In Vaccination Rollout