Almond and Sesame Pinni Recipe: Diwali, the festival of lights, is just around the corner. The auspicious festival will be celebrated on October 24 this year. Preparations are already in full swing, and one thing without which Diwali is incomplete is sweets. Some people go for ready made sweets available in markets, but there’s nothing like home-made sweets. So, here we bring a unique recipe of Almond and Sesame Pinni which you can easily make at home. This tempting recipe has been shared by Chef Manish Mehrotra.
Almond and Sesame Pinni Recipe
Serving: 4 serves
- Wheat flour 2 cup
- Semolina 2½ tbsp.
- Roasted Almond slivers ¼ cup
- Roasted White Sesame powder ¼ cup
- Pure ghee ¾ cup
- Gram flour (besan) 1½ tbsp
- Sugar 1 cup
- Water ½ cup
- Green cardamom powder ½ tsp
- Roasted white sesame 1 tbsp
- Roasted whole almonds 3 tbsp
- Heat ghee in a pan
- Add semolina and wheat flour to it and roast the mixture till it turns golden in colour.
- Mix sugar and water in a pan, put it over low heat. Cook till single-string sugar syrup is formed.
- Mix the sugar syrup with the wheat flour mixture. Add green cardamom powder.
- Cook the mixture till it turns a little dry.
- Now, add the roasted almond flakes and ground white sesames to the mixture and mix well.
- Allow the mixture to cool. Divide it into equal parts and shape it into rounds.
- Cut the roasted almond into halves and place it over the pinnis and roll gently in roasted white sesame.