Brownies are often associated with junk food for the heavy amounts of butter and all-purpose flour that goes into the making. Vegans, celiacs and calorie conscious eaters often miss out on such deserts like brownies. Here is a simple 5 ingredient, healthy recipe for all such people.
Made with dates and almond butter, this is the perfect desert to satisfy your sweet tooth. Check out the full recipe below:
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 1/3 cups dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup crushed raw pecans
CLICK HERE for latest lifestyle stories!
- Grind the walnuts and dates in a food processor until finely ground. Add the almond butter and process until well mixed. Add the cocoa powder and pulse to mix well.
- Transfer the brownie mixture to an 8-inch square baking pan. (If you line the pan with parchment paper, it will make it easier to remove the brownies.) Use your fingers to press the mixture evenly into the pan. (You can place a piece of parchment paper on top of the mixture as you press it into the pan to prevent it from sticking to your hands.) Once the brownies are firmly pressed into the pan, sprinkle the top evenly with the crushed pecans, pressing them into the top of the brownies.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting into squares.
This batch of brownies will serve 16 people. These brownies also store great in the freezer up to a week. Try out this yummy recipe today!
ALSO READ: This Special Homemade Sauce Will Spice Up ALL Your Food; Check Recipe Here