UAE intercepts and destroys two Houthi missiles

UAE intercepts and destroys two Houthi missiles
Image credit: wikimedia commons

After two Indian nationals were killed in a Houthi drone attack, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) just intercepted and destroyed another two Houthi ballistic missiles targeting it.

There were no casualties reported as per the defence ministry.

It has been more than six years since the Houthis have been battling a Saudi-led coalition.

“The remnants of the intercepted ballistic missiles fell in separate areas around Abu Dhabi,” the ministry said in a statement. It also adds that the country is taking the necessary protective measures against all attacks.

Today’s attack was the second on UAE soil since last week.

The Houthi-run Al Masirah TV channel said that the group would announce within hours the details of a wide military operation against Saudi Arabia and the UAE.

As per the Saudi state media, a Houthi ballistic missile had fallen in the kingdom’s south that injured two foreigners and damaging workshops and vehicles in an industrial area. The Saudi-led coalition has also ramped up air strikes.


Around 60 people were killed when a strike hit a temporary detention centre in the northern province of Sadaa on Friday.

India’s envoy to the UN TS Tirumurti earlier had condemned the attack calling it ‘unacceptable’.

ALSO READ | Germany Navy Chief Resigns Over Controversial Remarks On Ukraine Crisis